couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2012 13:39:13 GMT
Randall,

I could write a whole thing here but I'll cut it short and simply
apologise for any offense you have taken, it was not intended. My
'chastisement' was intended humorously, but you were essentially
saying that your fix should have worked if only [create] worked the
way you imagined it did rather than how it does (which implies you
didn't try it).

I'll state again that logging at debug level is not a great solution.
We should log at error level *except* when auto-creating the _users
and _replicator dbs. It's a more involved fix, but I think it's worth
it.

B.