couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2012 13:28:33 GMT
On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 06:15, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
> I'm also -1 on your revised solution. We go to the trouble of
> carefully logging and formatting these errors and then log them at a
> level that approximately no one ever runs at (debug is far too noisy
> to use in production, for instance).

s/we/I/, and that's the point of debug.

> B.
>
> On 23 March 2012 13:14, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
>> " Is there a good reason why we don't honor
>> the create option in the way I expected?"
>>
>> Is there a good reason you committed a fix to a release branch without
>> testing it?

Are you referring to the different fix which I quickly reverted on
1.1.x? I did test that I didn't get your spurious error report, but
tested more before committing to 1.2.x, caught my oversight, reverted,
and offered the only solution which is non-invasive.

Is there a good reason you'd prefer to chastise me than to answer my
question? I woke up at 5:30am and checked my e-mail because my
roommate happened to be in there already. I decided I felt guilty
enough about a spurious log message and cared enough about shipping
1.2 to stay awake and investigate. I committed a fix because I was
trying to be _helpful_.

I'm asleep for a few hours. Happy to discuss process when I return.