couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems blocking 1.2.0
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2012 13:12:19 GMT
On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 03:21, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
> Release is still blocked as a clean startup now logs spurious errors
> (1.1.x and 1.2.x);

Filipe had asked me to include a log message there after my logging
related commits. I've just committed a change that reduces this to
debug level.

Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be a way to request that
couch_file create the file if it doesn't exist, but just open it if it
does. Instead, we require the overwrite option in order not to bail
out. Otherwise, couch_replication_manager and couch_auth_cache could
just add the create option when opening these system databases rather
than detecting the error themselves and issuing couch_db:create after
the failed couch_db:open. Is there a good reason why we don't honor
the create option in the way I expected? The only reason I see is so
that we can return an error to clients that POST/PUT to create a new
database, but specifying the exclusive option to file:open actually
addresses this.

Anyway, the simple fix (to lower the log level) is committed to both branches.