couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 1.2.0 status update
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 23:27:50 GMT
Thanks for the summary Dave, this is helpful to keep everyone
in the loop :)

On Mar 14, 2012, at 00:20 , Dave Cottlehuber wrote:

> Brief update from today.
>
> etag_views issue emerged, Jan and Filipe sorted that out already & its
> been committed.
> Sorry; I was aware of it but didn't raise it as I wasn't sure it was
> actually a couch issue.
>
> Following that I got all etaps and futon tests passing on FF Aurora 12, running
> Couch on Mac Lion and Linux Mint Debian Edition. If somebody can
> confirm for ubuntu that
> would be a help - any other OS reqd?
>
> I slowly worked my up past gpg signing in the release procedure (all
> good) but died at
> the md5 stage due to md5sum not being installed. I can see why some of
> this takes a while.
>
> I am not clear whether the PMC have made a call on including
> COUCHDB-1426 or not;

> but either way we need to ensure we have:
> - out of the box builds on most sensible platform default configurations
> - a clear statement on how to build against a compatible SpiderMonkey
> when the above doesn't apply.
>
> From what Benoît says, the current approach doesn't handle the latter,
> so I think we need to complete
> the patch.
>
> What's the plan to move forwards here? We are damn close but a half
> finished solution for 1426 will
> simply mean another round. This needs more collaboration so that we
> are not working async on this.
>
> Can we organise enough people tomorrow evening (Euro time / daytime US
> time) to nail this specific issue?
> Or you can sort it while I sleep ;-)

The PMC hasn't decided on this in particular, but we (dev@) agreed last week that
1426 is a nice to have for 1.2.0 but not a blocker and that we should fix it
asap, but if we can't make it for 1.2.0, we should include the fix in a 1.2.1
shortly after and document the situation for 1.2.0.

I welcome any efforts to tag team the issue, but we shouldn't hold 1.2.0
for this. :)

Cheers
Jan