couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Crash of CouchDB 1.2.x
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 20:39:25 GMT

On Mar 1, 2012, at 19:57 , Stefan Kögl wrote:

> On 03/01/2012 07:38 PM, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
>> On Mar 1, 2012, at 19:18 , Stefan Kögl wrote:
>>> If this is a problem, I could remove CouchDB first and do a fresh
>>> install instead. What would be the preferred way to do a clean
>>> uninstall?
>>
>> I don't want to claim that this is definitely the cause for your
>> problem, but it'd be great if you could do a clean, fresh, empty
>> install to make sure we can rule that out as :)
>
> I just did
>
> /etc/init.d/couchdb stop
> make uninstall
> make install
> # edit local.ini -- why does that get removed anyway?
> /etc/init.d/couchdb start
>
> Is that enough to count as a fresh install, or should I do anything
> else? I'll continue monitoring the instance. Previously the error
> happened after a few days, so I can't say yet if the re-install changed
> anything.

Where in there did you do the git pull? And was a make clean or git clean
involved?

I think you should be in the clear with that procedure, but just to be
sure, I think it'd be worth rm'ing all .beam files you find manually
after the uninstall.

local.ini is usually preserved across installations, but make uninstall
is obviously an intent to get rid of all traces of a package, so it should
get removed :)

Cheers
Jan