couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Johs Ensby <j...@b2w.com>
Subject Re: Couchbase trademark issues
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 09:29:23 GMT
I agree that is very hard to consolidate reliable docs and posts on CouchDB for the time being,
however redirecting to old stuff is NOT the solution.
A good wiki is the way to go!

For the trademark discussion, a consistent use of the name CouchDB should do the trick provided
the importance of visual identity is not overlooked.
The red couch logo is brilliant and is much more important for avoiding the confusion around
couch-and-something, than the names.

Contrasted to Couchbase's retro-look the crisp, smart CouchDB logo is all the project need
to maintain an unconfused identity.
This is top notch identity design. Who created it?

johs