couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Crash of CouchDB 1.2.x
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 15:52:20 GMT
Hi Stefan,

thanks for the report, this is very helpful!

Can you tell us how you installed 1.2.x? Is it a fresh installation,
did you do an in-place update from an earlier installation (earlier
1.2.x or 1.1.x or 1.0.x?

Without having dug too much yet and more as a pointer for the other
devs here, I remember seeing io_lib_* errors in cases where we catch
exceptions in an attempt to make prettier messages, but then the
catch-all clause tries to print whatever is actually unexpected
and fails there, resulting in the io_lib_* stacktrace when
attempting to print the actual stacktrace that subsequently
gets lost.

Cheers
Jan