couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Dionne <dio...@dionne-associates.com>
Subject Re: Please report your indexing speed
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2012 22:25:08 GMT
I ran some tests, using Bob's latest script. The first versus the second clearly show the regression.
The third is the 1.2.x with the patch
to couch_os_process reverted and it seems to have no impact. The last has Filipe's latest
patch to couch_view_updater discussed in the
other thread and it brings the performance back to the 1.1.x level.

I'd say that patch is a +1

1.2.x
real	3m3.093s
user	0m0.028s
sys	0m0.008s
==================
1.1.x
real	2m16.609s
user	0m0.026s
sys	0m0.007s
1.2.x with patch to couch_os_process reverted
real	3m7.012s
user	0m0.029s
sys	0m0.008s
1.2.x with Filipe's katest patch to couch_view_updater
real	2m11.038s
user	0m0.028s
sys	0m0.007s