couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Detailed release announcement for 1.2.0
Date Sun, 25 Mar 2012 20:28:41 GMT

On Mar 25, 2012, at 22:14 , Alexander Shorin wrote:

> May this changes could be also noted somehow?
>
> HTTP API:
> - update handlers could return custom code (e.g. provide redirects) //
> COUCHDB-648
> - ...and handle "slashed" documents // COUCHDB-1229
>
> Security(?):
> - a lot of ssl fixes // COUCHDB-1208, COUCHDB-1325, COUCHDB-1369
> - while CouchDB now could work with only https // COUCHDB-1043
>
> Core(?):
> - fixes for non-ascii and underscored attachment names  //
> COUCHDB-760, COUCHDB-1210
> - attachments gets md5 signature // COUCHDB-1173
>
> New features:
> - support windows 8 metro apps // COUCHDB-1381
> - coffeescript support // COUCHDB-817
>
> Probably better to inspect resolved issues and summarize them. Correct
> me and sorry if I've missed your idea(:

I went with NEWS, not CHANGES as the source, so there're naturally fewer
entries. I'm happy to entertain the idea to sum up *all* changes, but an
subset that includes the most important ones would keep the length of the
document (and the time to prepare it) in reasonable size. After all, the
last section includes a link to the full list of CHANGES and the commit
log.

Cheers
Jan