couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Mike Coolin" <mcoo...@techie.com>
Subject Re: Couchdb
Date Sat, 17 Mar 2012 21:01:17 GMT
Hi Randall,

 My Jira user name is mcoolin, that who I am on as in IRC.

 Please add me to the wiki editor list.

 Thanks Mike

----- Original Message -----
From: Randall Leeds
Sent: 03/16/12 11:42 PM
To: dev@couchdb.apache.org
Subject: Re: Couchdb

 On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 11:37, Mike Coolin <mcoolin@techie.com> wrote: > Hello,
> > Been doing alot of reading and experimenting with couchdb lately and will > be
using it in a few of my upcoming projects. > > I must say I find the project exciting
and unique from any other > offerings. For me it seems like the perfect fit. > >
I've also been reading and listening about the couchdb and couchbase > confusion, I have
to say that initially it was confusing but a little > deeper reading of both web sies it
was obvious at least to me these are > differing products. > Great. I'm glad to hear
it! Welcome! > > The couchDB website and wiki do need a refreshing, and some indication
of > direction would be nice to. I find that some of the new feature in 1.2 when > I
found them could be very exciting. > It sounds like Noah has something up his sleeve for
a simultaneous website refresh with the 1.2 release. I think we just resolved the final bug
report blocking the next vote, so we're moving on
 that. > > I've been looking through the source code getting a better understanding
> of how things work and learning erlang. Would love to know how I could help > out
on this project. > > My two cents > Mike > As you pointed out, the wiki is always
in need of love. If you sign up and reply with your user name, I can add you to the contributor
group so that you can make edits. Unfortunately, we got tired of reverting spam so we have
this (very simple) barrier. Another way to get started in the code is to check out the unresolved
issues. Currently we categorize the issues by approximate skill level and/or code base familiarity.
Here are the open issues marked for new contributors (warning: long URL): https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+COUCHDB+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+AND+%22Skill+Level%22+%3D+%22New+Contributors+Level+%28Easy%29%22+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC%2C+key+DESC
If you submit patches for any of those issues I will eagerly
  and happily review them. And of course, join us in #couchdb and/or #couchdb-dev on freenode
and introduce yourself if you haven't yet. -Randall