couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Mike Coolin" <mcoo...@techie.com>
Subject Couchdb
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 18:37:12 GMT
Hello,

 Been doing alot of reading and experimenting with couchdb lately and will be using it in
a few of my upcoming projects.

 I must say I find the project exciting and unique from any other offerings. For me it seems
like the perfect fit.

 I've also been reading and listening about the couchdb and couchbase confusion, I have to
say that initially it was confusing but a little deeper reading of both web sies it was obvious
at least to me these are differing products.

 I did find some of Damien Katz's comments and action odd at first, but I think I understand
where he's going.

 The couchDB website and wiki do need a refreshing, and some indication of direction would
be nice to. I find that some of the new feature in 1.2 when I found them could be very exciting.

 I've been looking through the source code getting a better understanding of how things work
and learning erlang. Would love to know how I could help out on this project.

 My two cents
 Mike