couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Hamilton <ahamil...@facilityone.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 -- Windows Binaries
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2012 17:46:03 GMT

On Feb 25, 2012, at 2:45 PM, Dave Cottlehuber wrote:

> On 24 February 2012 21:18, Andrew Hamilton <ahamilton@facilityone.com> wrote:
>> Not sure if this the best way to show my error log, but I am attaching the test suite
results from couch.

> Great - ideal in fact I'd not thought of this myself :-0.
>
>> -1
>> Windows 7 x64
>> Firefox 11.0
>> signature OK
>> md5 & sha OK
>> No malware
>> End-user verification OK
>> Futon tests failed:
>>        attachments
>>        attachment_paths
>>        config
>>        cookie_auth
>>        delayed_commits
>>        design_docs
>>        erlang views
>>        invalid_docids
>>        replicator_db
>>        view_errors
>
> Looks like a combo of whitelisting not cleaning up & the same issues
> already reported prior.
>
> Do you want to try same steps as Jeroen (clean up var/lib/couchdb/*
> and any changes in local.ini, restart and run tests over LAN instead
> of localhost with local.ini bind_address updated appropriately?
>
> This introduces a smidgen of latency which seems to help things.

I ran the test suite again, this time from my home over a VPN to my work computer.  I got
all tests to pass except for stats, which failed with this message:

Assertion 'triggered, "We managed to force a all_dbs_active error."' failed: We managed to
force a all_dbs_active error.

Out of curiosity, I ran this test on localhost, and it passes just fine.  Oh, and I forgot
to mention earlier I am running the R15B version.

> I am wondering if the issues disappear if POST _restart has a small
> delay introduced, I'll see if there's a nice way to do this.
>
> BTW how fast is this box you are running it on? I'm doing everything
> on i7 8 core or EC2 large instances. Perhaps this crops up more often
> on low-end VMs?

My machine is running a Xeon E31220 @ 3.1 GHz and 8GB of RAM.  It does seem a lot faster than
even some of the servers I have previously tested on.

I'm changing my vote to +1