couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject API Docs (finally)
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 20:36:15 GMT
Hi all,

I finally got my act together and prepared the CouchDB API docs that MC Brown made for Couchbase
for your consideration to be added to the project.

I put it up on GitHub so you can check it out.

The repo is:

  https://github.com/janl/couchdb-docs

To build all docs, you run `make everything`. I put the results on GitHub Pages.

It includes multiple HTML builds with different granularities (single page, break by section,
break by chapter) as well as PDF and ePub versions:

  Single Page: http://janl.github.com/couchdb-docs/couchdb-manual-1.1/couchdb-manual.html
  By Chapter: http://janl.github.com/couchdb-docs/couchdb-manual-1.1/couchdb-manual.html-dir/index.html
  By Section: http://janl.github.com/couchdb-docs/couchdb-manual-1.1/couchdb-manual.html-section/index.html
  PDF: http://janl.github.com/couchdb-docs/couchdb-manual-1.1/couchdb-manual.pdf
  ePub http://janl.github.com/couchdb-docs/couchdb-manual-1.1/couchdb-manual.epub

There's also a CouchDB 1.1. release guide that explains all the new features in depth:

  Single Page: http://janl.github.com/couchdb-docs/couchdb-release-1.1/couchdb-release-1.1.html
  By Chapter: http://janl.github.com/couchdb-docs/couchdb-release-1.1/couchdb-release-1.1.html-dir/index.html
  By Section: http://janl.github.com/couchdb-docs/couchdb-release-1.1/couchdb-release-1.1.html-section/index.html
  PDF: http://janl.github.com/couchdb-docs/couchdb-release-1.1/couchdb-release-1.1.pdf
  ePub http://janl.github.com/couchdb-docs/couchdb-release-1.1/couchdb-release-1.1.epub

The README.md files outlines the build dependencies.

The license is CC 3.0 but we can adapt that to whatever is required.

There's a few rough edges, no styling should be obvious and the few screenshots are using
our old Single Server branded Futon, but I don't consider these things to block adoption.

Let me know what you think. I hope you like it! :)

(weeee finally!)

Cheers
Jan