couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Dionne <dio...@dionne-associates.com>
Subject possible replication issue
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 21:31:41 GMT
Hi Filipe,

I ran into a possible issue replicating from BC 0.4 to CouchDB 1.2.x (someone needs to verify
this is a problem and not my local setup).

The issue seems to be the treatment of sequence numbers like [2,<<"foo">>]. The
latest in 1.2.x of couch_replicator_httpc:send_req runs ?b2l(iolist_to_binary(...)) over that
seq and eventually full_url trundles on down to mochiweb_util:quote_plus which loses the brackets
and converts the 2 to a %02

I can get around this [1] by converting [2,<<"foo">>] to "2-foo" which is the
old format, but this is clearly a workaround. Perhaps this should be fixed in mochiweb_util
?

As an aside I noticed mochiweb_util:urlencode  does exactly what you have in query_to_str_args
so those funs can probably go away.

Cheers,

Bob

[1] https://gist.github.com/1772911