couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Smith <...@iriscouch.com>
Subject Re: feasibility of a design doc option to use the "ddoc new"/"ddoc <id>" based protocol for map and reduce as well
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 10:09:50 GMT
On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 10:05 AM, Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ronny,
>
> Invalidating views by ddoc _rev change is very bad idea - your 2M docs
> database will have to be reindexed on each ddoc update: by adding
> attachment or changing show function. Wait, what's the reason for
> views to be invalidated in this case?

Ronny, please correct me if I am wrong.

But I think the reason is to allow using the *entire* design document
to help build views. If so, the _rev invalidation is one thing, but
changing CouchDB to send the entire ddoc will be a more substantial
change.

At any rate, this is why some example failing unit tests might clarify
the objective.

--
Iris Couch