couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Smith <...@iriscouch.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 release, first round
Date Sat, 11 Feb 2012 15:25:31 GMT
On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 2:32 PM, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
> I'd like some opinions on whether COUCHDB-1407 constitutes a release
> blocking issue. Yes, I understand that the JSON spec is very weak on
> numbers, blah blah boo splat. Is this because of the switch to ejson?
> Is jiffy more compatible on this score?

Hi, Bob. I hadn't noticed that ticket. It's interesting. I posted my
response on there.

I suggested it was not a bug. One might argue that Couch should echo
back exactly what you give it. I can see that point but am not
persuaded. The bug is Python's deserializer being too clever. Since
Python is widespread, it is a maybe a breaking change, but not a
blocker.

IMHO.

--
Iris Couch