couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Smith <...@iriscouch.com>
Subject Re: API Docs (finally)
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 08:01:30 GMT
Two more things. (I want to just send a GH issue but I only just saw
your comment.)

I am getting a failure for `make publish`. It is as if there is no
such target. However `make everything` seems to produce everything I
could want: html files, PDFs, epubs. So is that a relic of an internal
procedure or something?

Next, the screenshots of Futon are branded Couchbase. I am totally
biased here but if a third-party could plug in their own screenshots,
so the builds were branded correctly, that would be awesome. Something
like the new "Welcome" JSON that CouchDB master sends. People will be
doing this anyway. Might as well parameterize it.

The PDF also still vaguely resembles the Couchbase color scheme.

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 8:36 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I finally got my act together and prepared the CouchDB API docs that MC Brown made for
Couchbase for your consideration to be added to the project.

> I put it up on GitHub so you can check it out.
>
> The repo is:
>
>  https://github.com/janl/couchdb-docs
>
> To build all docs, you run `make everything`. I put the results on GitHub Pages.
>
> It includes multiple HTML builds with different granularities (single page, break by
section, break by chapter) as well as PDF and ePub versions:

>  Single Page: http://janl.github.com/couchdb-docs/couchdb-manual-1.1/couchdb-manual.html
>  By Chapter: http://janl.github.com/couchdb-docs/couchdb-manual-1.1/couchdb-manual.html-dir/index.html
>  By Section: http://janl.github.com/couchdb-docs/couchdb-manual-1.1/couchdb-manual.html-section/index.html
>  PDF: http://janl.github.com/couchdb-docs/couchdb-manual-1.1/couchdb-manual.pdf
>  ePub http://janl.github.com/couchdb-docs/couchdb-manual-1.1/couchdb-manual.epub
>
> There's also a CouchDB 1.1. release guide that explains all the new features in depth:
>
>  Single Page: http://janl.github.com/couchdb-docs/couchdb-release-1.1/couchdb-release-1.1.html
>  By Chapter: http://janl.github.com/couchdb-docs/couchdb-release-1.1/couchdb-release-1.1.html-dir/index.html
>  By Section: http://janl.github.com/couchdb-docs/couchdb-release-1.1/couchdb-release-1.1.html-section/index.html
>  PDF: http://janl.github.com/couchdb-docs/couchdb-release-1.1/couchdb-release-1.1.pdf
>  ePub http://janl.github.com/couchdb-docs/couchdb-release-1.1/couchdb-release-1.1.epub
>
> The README.md files outlines the build dependencies.
>
> The license is CC 3.0 but we can adapt that to whatever is required.
>
> There's a few rough edges, no styling should be obvious and the few screenshots are using
our old Single Server branded Futon, but I don't consider these things to block adoption.

--
Iris Couch