couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Smith <...@iriscouch.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 release, first round
Date Sun, 12 Feb 2012 11:03:32 GMT
On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 10:15 AM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
> well as a database, CouchDB shouldn't change the way data are saved
> in. I expect that the number I saved under the json type Number [1]
> defined by the spec [2] is correctly saved and returned as is. No
> roundtrip or precision lost should happen.

Okay. "JSON type Number" is incoherent. JSON has only numerals, no
numbers. JavaScript standards are as relevant as FORTRAN standards.
But may we continue that discussion in JIRA?

*This* discussion is whether it is a blocker. I think it may become
moot. Bob N. has a simple fix which will probably close the bug.

--
Iris Couch