couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Smith <...@iriscouch.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 release, first round
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2012 01:16:48 GMT
On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 7:52 AM, Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like call a vote for the Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 release, first round.

Documents in the _users database are no longer publicly readable.

I understand that there was no public RFC about this due to its
security implications?

Iris Couch users have been running the 1.2.x beta builds for a few
ekes and this is the top point of feedback. People have to rewrite
their Couch apps, in particular because most of Chris's projects and
examples uses _user to keep public profiles (nickname, Gravatar URL,
etc.).

I suppose this is old news. The decision is good. It's a documented
breaking change. Fine. I hope there isn't blowback though.

--
Iris Couch