couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Smith <...@iriscouch.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 release, first round
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2012 01:48:26 GMT
Hi, Noah. When I saw it hit Git, I realized it was a breaking change,
and I asked around. If memory serves, Randall happened to be on at the
time and he asked me the same question you just did. I said I never
saw an RFC email and that's when he realized it was not done publicly.

I am pleased and grateful for the 1.2 release. It's remarkable! I'll
simply remind the community, don't email a plus-one just because the
unit tests pass. Install your application! Test your application! If
you use _users in your Couch app, this will be the most significant
breaking change since the 0.9 release.

--
Iris Couch