couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Smith <...@iriscouch.com>
Subject Re: API Docs (finally)
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 01:07:26 GMT
Jan, easy question:

CouchDB is now in Git, and now there are two additional projects
people are talking about: the web site and now the documentation.

I wonder if the same repo could host all three projects, with
dissimilar, independent history trees. (I know the web site has svn
requirements but most would agree that git-svn is quite excellent
dealing with this.)

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 3:36 AM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I finally got my act together and prepared the CouchDB API docs that MC Brown made for
Couchbase for your consideration to be added to the project.

> I put it up on GitHub so you can check it out.
>
> The repo is:
>
>  https://github.com/janl/couchdb-docs
>
> To build all docs, you run `make everything`. I put the results on GitHub Pages.
>
> It includes multiple HTML builds with different granularities (single page, break by
section, break by chapter) as well as PDF and ePub versions:

>  Single Page: http://janl.github.com/couchdb-docs/couchdb-manual-1.1/couchdb-manual.html
>  By Chapter: http://janl.github.com/couchdb-docs/couchdb-manual-1.1/couchdb-manual.html-dir/index.html
>  By Section: http://janl.github.com/couchdb-docs/couchdb-manual-1.1/couchdb-manual.html-section/index.html
>  PDF: http://janl.github.com/couchdb-docs/couchdb-manual-1.1/couchdb-manual.pdf
>  ePub http://janl.github.com/couchdb-docs/couchdb-manual-1.1/couchdb-manual.epub
>
> There's also a CouchDB 1.1. release guide that explains all the new features in depth:
>
>  Single Page: http://janl.github.com/couchdb-docs/couchdb-release-1.1/couchdb-release-1.1.html
>  By Chapter: http://janl.github.com/couchdb-docs/couchdb-release-1.1/couchdb-release-1.1.html-dir/index.html
>  By Section: http://janl.github.com/couchdb-docs/couchdb-release-1.1/couchdb-release-1.1.html-section/index.html
>  PDF: http://janl.github.com/couchdb-docs/couchdb-release-1.1/couchdb-release-1.1.pdf
>  ePub http://janl.github.com/couchdb-docs/couchdb-release-1.1/couchdb-release-1.1.epub
>
> The README.md files outlines the build dependencies.
>
> The license is CC 3.0 but we can adapt that to whatever is required.
>
> There's a few rough edges, no styling should be obvious and the few screenshots are using
our old Single Server branded Futon, but I don't consider these things to block adoption.

--
Iris Couch