couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Bisbee <...@sbisbee.com>
Subject CouchDB Summit: Boston
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 17:21:33 GMT
Hello community,

For a few months now we at Cloudant have been talking about hosting a
CouchDB Summit in Boston for the Apache CouchDB committers and some
community members. This got pushed to the front burner due to recent
events in the community, chief among them the purchase of a kegerator.

The goal is to give the CouchDB community the chance to be in the same
room to discuss the direction of CouchDB over a two day period. Agenda
items could include what CouchDB 2.0 should look like, how to get
there, talking about auth, etc. Plus plenty of hacking time.

The results of the discussions will be posted to the community for
decision making. Think RFC.

This is an invite only event with a max capacity of 20 to 30 people.
We want to make sure that there is progress and flooding a room would
inhibit that. The Apache CouchDB Committers are of course invited,
plus some community members.

Apache CouchDB Commiters, please let me know if you would need
financial assistance to attend. Cloudant is open to providing
financial assistance for flights.

The particulars...

When: April 9th & 10th

Where: Boston, MA, USA (venue to be announced)

$$$?: Cloudant is NOT charging for the event

Party?: Yes, there will be a PUBLIC drinkup for the community. Details
to be posted separately.

RSVP: Invites are going out this and next week.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. We hope to make
this a fun, positive experience for the community.

Cheers,

--
Sam Bisbee