couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Filipe David Manana <fdman...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 release, second round
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 18:47:53 GMT
On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 9:09 AM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

> On Feb 23, 2012, at 00:28 , Noah Slater wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would like call a vote for the Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 release, second round.
>>
>> We encourage the whole community to download and test these
>> release artifacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before the
>> release is made. Everyone is free to vote on this release, so get stuck in!
>>
>> We are voting on the following release artifacts:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~nslater/dist/1.2.0/
>>

>> These artifacts have been built from the following tree-ish in Git:
>>
>> 4cd60f3d1683a3445c3248f48ae064fb573db2a1
>>

>> Please follow the test procedure before voting:
>>
>> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Test_procedure
>>

>> Thank you.
>>
>> Happy voting,
>
> Signature and hashes check out.
>
> Mac OS X 10.7.3, 64bit, SpiderMonkey 1.8.0, Erlang R14B04: make check works fine, browser
tests in Safari work fine.

> Mac OS X 10.7.3, 64bit, SpiderMonkey 1.8.5, Erlang R14B04: make check works fine, browser
tests in Safari work fine.

> FreeBSD 9.0, 64bit, SpiderMonkey 1.7.0, Erlang R14B04: make check works fine, browser
tests in Safari work fine.

> CentOS 6.2, 64bit, SpiderMonkey 1.8.5, Erlang R14B04: make check works fine, browser
tests in Firefox work fine.

> Ubuntu 11.4, 64bit, SpiderMonkey 1.8.5, Erlang R14B02: make check works fine, browser
tests in Firefox work fine.

> Ubuntu 10.4, 32bit, SpiderMonkey 1.8.0, Erlang R13B03: make check fails in
>  - 076-file-compression.t: https://gist.github.com/1893373
>  - 220-compaction-daemon.t: https://gist.github.com/1893387
>  This on runs in a VM and is 32bit, so I don't know if there's anything in the tests
that rely on 64bittyness or the R14B03. Filipe, I think you worked on both features, do you
have an idea?

The compression fails because snappy NIF needs R13B04+ (forgot to
update the test to work with R13B03 and below).

For the compaction one, on ubuntu/debian you need to install the
package 'erlang-os-mon'

> I tried running it all through Erlang R15B on Mac OS X 1.7.3, but a good way into `make
check` the tests would just stop and hang. The last time, repeatedly in 160-vhosts.t, but
when run alone, that test finished in under five seconds. I'm not sure what the issue is here.

--
Filipe David Manana,