couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Filipe David Manana <fdman...@apache.org>
Subject Re: possible replication issue
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 23:20:36 GMT
On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 9:31 PM, Bob Dionne <dionne@dionne-associates.com> wrote:
> Hi Filipe,
>
> I ran into a possible issue replicating from BC 0.4 to CouchDB 1.2.x (someone needs to
verify this is a problem and not my local setup).

> The issue seems to be the treatment of sequence numbers like [2,<<"foo">>].
The latest in 1.2.x of couch_replicator_httpc:send_req runs ?b2l(iolist_to_binary(...)) over
that seq and eventually full_url trundles on down to mochiweb_util:quote_plus which loses
the brackets and converts the 2 to a %02

Hi Bob,

I'm assuming this is related to _changes feed request "since" parameter.
In general, couch_replicator_httpc doesn't do query parameter value
encoding (other then percent encoding), that task is left to
couch_replicator_api_wrap.erl - for e.g. some requests require JSON
encoded values, like open_revs for doc GETs, and others not, like the
feed parameter for _changes.

If it applies only for that request, I would go for something less
abstract like (untested) for example:

http://friendpaste.com/6aWgbQaBjMeR9pIshWr5rl

And you can't replace the list comprehension in couch_replicator_httpc
because there the goal is only to make sure the values are
lists/strings - when OAuth auth is used, the OAuth signature must be
computed with the query parameter values unencoded and as
strings/lists - percent encoding must happen after computing the OAuth
signature.

regards,

> I can get around this [1] by converting [2,<<"foo">>] to "2-foo" which is
the old format, but this is clearly a workaround. Perhaps this should be fixed in mochiweb_util
?

> As an aside I noticed mochiweb_util:urlencode  does exactly what you have in query_to_str_args
so those funs can probably go away.

--
Filipe David Manana,