couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 release, first round
Date Sun, 12 Feb 2012 02:23:28 GMT
On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 10:04 PM, Randall Leeds <randall.leeds@gmail.com> wrote:
> Huh...
>
> On Feb 10, 2012 7:01 PM, "Jason Smith" <jhs@iriscouch.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 3:06 AM, Randall Leeds <randall.leeds@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> the
> publicly.

>> > Just to be clear I don't want to dismiss your concerns. If you believe
> this
>> > needs a config option rather than just documentation now is a good time
>> > speak up loudly since the vote was aborted.
>>
>> Thanks. I am concerned. To me, the change is noteworthy but not a
> showstopper.
>>
>> I tested your suggestion, however I do not think it is possible.
>> Non-admins cannot access a view.
>
> That's news to me. I didn't catch that before. Is this necessary for any
> reason? Shouldn't the design actions themselves enforce whatever they need
> to?

The reasoning behind was that only admins should be encouraged to see
the list of all users. Like on a OS you can't see the lists of users
instead you're an admin. (you can eventually see the list of connected
users but that another topic.

Instead of allowoing changes in users dbs (witch shouldn't really be
exposed ) i think a better behavior would be to have a separate dbs to
shows some users and eventually their profile.

- benoƮt