couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <>
Subject Re: Couchbase trademark issues
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 23:07:55 GMT
On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 11:51 PM, Mikeal Rogers <> wrote:
> This wasn't a statement about the website.
> Everyone in the project has their own vision of what it is suppose to be and very few
are consistent with each other. If the leaders of the project don't have a clear vision for
the project then I don't see how anyone else could, or how you would come up with a better
vision in the website for the matter.
the good thing with a project is that multiple visions could achieve
to make a project. Do you really think that all people designing the
browser firefox share the same vision ? or the same for an http server

We are all working to extend couchdb in a way it can be useful . Of we
were really disagreeing on the way to develop couchdb we could just
leave. Some did.

> Being that we tentatively agree that there is no legal recourse it now falls on the project,
and nobody else, to reduce the confusion that has come from the points you mention.

s/we// not me at least

> Do we really all think that people had a clear picture of what CouchDB was before Damien
left the project? I won't argue that recent developments have worsened the problem but if
you want to move forward and solve it you'll need to find the source and it's not a website
or comments on the creator's blog, it's that a shared code base does not equal a shared vision
and the project has always had a variety of different visions for what it should be.

Hopefully enough shared vision, so people started to work all
together. And apparently damien's had a different too. I don't think
this is the problem here.

View raw message