couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Roadmap for the 1.3.0 release
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 13:23:53 GMT
On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 11:48 AM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

> On Feb 15, 2012, at 03:22 , Brian Mitchell wrote:
>
>> Any other work from mobile builds and the like might be interesting to support. Were
there any interesting changes to pull in from the mobile and embedded device ports? Also,
I'm not sure where the view engine refactoring work ended up… I'll look at JIRA but maybe
there are specific follow-ups to be made here.

> The biggest one IIRC was the use of emonk instead of an external Spidermonkey for iOS.
Maybe we can make that a compile option like ./configure --enable-emonk-view-server so people
can choose which one to run.

There is some work started about that in the refuge project using old
work done by @davisp used in couchbase and my emonk_helper. I will
provide patches asap.

>> Finally, for our included javascript libraries and Futon runtime, are we going to
replace or update anything here? I'd imagine a newer jQuery could be an advantage for those
doing CouchApps.

> Good that you bring this up. There's also other upstream dependencies that we should
look at updating and we don't have a process for that, it usually happens whenever a developer
feels like it. I haven't thought about this much yet, but maybe "update all dependencies"
could be a todo before a release branch is created?

+1 for a ticket :)

Also include support for mobile support in futon would be fine. (but i
think we should only depends on jquery rather than including another
framework) .

- benoit