couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <>
Subject Re: CouchDB Summit: Boston
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 10:17:10 GMT
On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 6:21 PM, Sam Bisbee <> wrote:
> Hello community,
> For a few months now we at Cloudant have been talking about hosting a
> CouchDB Summit in Boston for the Apache CouchDB committers and some
> community members. This got pushed to the front burner due to recent
> events in the community, chief among them the purchase of a kegerator.
> The goal is to give the CouchDB community the chance to be in the same
> room to discuss the direction of CouchDB over a two day period. Agenda
> items could include what CouchDB 2.0 should look like, how to get
> there, talking about auth, etc. Plus plenty of hacking time.
> The results of the discussions will be posted to the community for
> decision making. Think RFC.
> This is an invite only event with a max capacity of 20 to 30 people.
> We want to make sure that there is progress and flooding a room would
> inhibit that. The Apache CouchDB Committers are of course invited,
> plus some community members.
> Apache CouchDB Commiters, please let me know if you would need
> financial assistance to attend. Cloudant is open to providing
> financial assistance for flights.
> The particulars...
> When: April 9th & 10th
> Where: Boston, MA, USA (venue to be announced)
> $$$?: Cloudant is NOT charging for the event
> Party?: Yes, there will be a PUBLIC drinkup for the community. Details
> to be posted separately.
> RSVP: Invites are going out this and next week.
> Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. We hope to make
> this a fun, positive experience for the community.
> Cheers,
> --
> Sam Bisbee

Hi Sam,

I would be happy to come like I said:)

However, what kind of financial assistance can you propose for the
flight? I have already planned my trip to the Erlang Factory in SF and
can't modify my trip, so it will be difficult for me to take another
full ticket.  I would be interrested by any help on that topic.

Let me know,

- benoƮt

View raw message