couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 release, first round
Date Sun, 12 Feb 2012 13:10:06 GMT
On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 12:03 PM, Jason Smith <jhs@iriscouch.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 10:15 AM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
>> well as a database, CouchDB shouldn't change the way data are saved
>> in. I expect that the number I saved under the json type Number [1]
>> defined by the spec [2] is correctly saved and returned as is. No
>> roundtrip or precision lost should happen.
>
> Okay. "JSON type Number" is incoherent. JSON has only numerals, no
> numbers. JavaScript standards are as relevant as FORTRAN standards.
> But may we continue that discussion in JIRA?

I don't follow. JSON describes a number type, and refers to another
iso standard too. How it's incoherent.

> *This* discussion is whether it is a blocker. I think it may become
> moot. Bob N. has a simple fix which will probably close the bug.

Such type of discussion should happen on the ml rather than on jira
imo. The simple fix fix the obvious but it's fixing the full thing
imo. One other possibility would e having the JSON backend pluggable
at some point so we could also just use the erlang one.

- benoƮt