couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 -- Windows Binaries
Date Sat, 25 Feb 2012 19:12:00 GMT
On 25 February 2012 12:39, Jeroen Janssen <> wrote:
> Hi,
> Here are my results so far.
> setup-couchdb-1.2.0_otp_R15B.exe
> Windows 7 x64
> Google Chrome
> signature OK
> md5 & sha OK
> No malware - Avira Internet Security 2012
> Test failures:
> attachment_ranges
> 1.Assertion failed: expected '"bytes 0-28/29"', got '"bytes 0-29/29"'
> 2.Assertion failed: expected '"29"', got '"30"'

Thanks Jeroen,

above are bad chrome, so that's fine for me.

> replicator_db
> 1.Assertion failed: expected 'null', got
> '{"_id":"foo666","_rev":"1-8f008c4354eb07d5fbfc399a84bc88a1","value":666}'
> (I believe both of these failures are known/accepted already)

I also had this previously on round 1 of 1.2.0 voting, and after
fiddling with the timing in the test suite, it disappeared. However I
couldn't get it to repeat in 1.2.0 round 2 (this build). I'm don't see
this is a blocker but until I can at least trigger it reliably I can't
do a patch to fix it. If you can get it reliably, try hacking in

> However, in my couchdb.log I see a total of 28 crash_reports happening
> during the test. I don't know if this is 'expected' to happen during
> the test.
> I put the full couchdb logging of running the whole test suite at

As Jason pointed out, this is normal.

CouchDB is built up of a number of erlang/OTP applications. In the OTP
world these could be independently packaged and distributed, although
Couch is a little way to go before that's possible. The way we set up
logging also puts these application startups/shutdowns in the log,
notably every time we restart couchdb, we simply call init:restart()
which hard stops the erlang VM and restarts it. This is easy for us
but messy in the logs.

> If someone can confirm that all the crash_reports are expected, then I
> can +1 this.

I'm happy with that - awesome! And thanks for testing trunk snapshots
over the last 6 or so months it was a great help.

View raw message