couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 -- Windows Binaries
Date Sat, 25 Feb 2012 19:39:15 GMT
On 24 February 2012 21:16, Dirkjan Ochtman <dirkjan@ochtman.nl> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 19:16, Dave Cottlehuber <dave@muse.net.nz> wrote:
>> We are voting on the following two binaries for R14B04 and R15B:
>>
>> https://people.apache.org/~dch/dist/1.2.0/
>
> On Windows 7, 64-bit, I downloaded the R15B version of the installer
> and installed it. Located couchdb.bat in the bin folder, ran it,
> pointed the brower at localhost:5984 and ran the test suite.
> Everything seemed to work alright except that from users_db_security
> on, all tests started failing with "error": "unauthorized", "reason":
> "You are not a server admin". This subsequently even happened on
> rerunning tests that had previously passed.
>
> (I'm admittedly a stranger to CouchDB on Windows, although I've run it
> on Linux boxen for years.)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dirkjan

Thanks Dirkjan,

It looks like something got stuck during the security tests. Can you
try this over LAN rather than localhost, after tidying up?

- clean out %COUCH%\var\lib\couchdb\*  (cleans up the _users.couch in
particular)
- revert local.ini as needed, IIRC shouldn't be more than removing the
new entries in [admins]

A+
Dave