couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 release, second round
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 22:54:40 GMT
I should clarify that I didn't mean "ignore", but a test on virtual
machines, of unknown provenance, that are merely "similar" is enough
to make me very suspicious of any benchmark. If anyone wanted to
perform a more rigorous and diligent test (like, say, *only* changing
the couchdb source code between identical test runs), then I'd
certainly want to halt the release if the 1/10th result were
confirmed.

b.

On 23 February 2012 22:25, Bob Dionne <dionne@dionne-associates.com> wrote:
> sorry Noah, I'm in debug mode today so I don't care to start mucking with my stack, recompiling
erlang, etc...

> I did try using that build repeatedly and it crashes all the time. I find it very odd
and I had seen those before as I said on my older macbook.

> I do see the hangs Jan describes in the etaps, they have been there right along, so I'm
confident this just the SSL issue. Why it only happens on the build is puzzling, any source
build of any branch works just peachy.

> So I'd say I'm +1 based on my use of the 1.2.x branch but I'd like to hear from Stefan,
who reported the severe performance regression. BobN seems to think we can ignore that, it's
something flaky in that fellow's environment. I tend to agree but I'm conservative