couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Managing Git identities?
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 05:02:30 GMT
for my part, I don't set user.email in my global .gitconfig because
I've often committed with the wrong address. Leaving it undefined then
gives you a warning when you commit. I then set the right local value
and --amend --reset-author. Pretty sure our apache repo insists on
apache.org addresses too.

B.