couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: modular or monolithic: how do you envision Apache CouchDB?
Date Sun, 05 Feb 2012 23:33:41 GMT
I agree with Paul that modularity is not tightly bound to git
structure. I'm fine to not break out the git structure into multiple
repos, and would maybe even prefer it. The main advantage of doing it
would be to merge commits from external projects that decide to pull
in individual CouchDB components, but that's possible to do in the
monolithic setup, too. Not white belt git-fu, but it certainly isn't
dan-level.

If there are components in the Apache CouchDB repo which are optional,
or can be made optional, patches welcome for turning them off at build
time.

I am 100% for breaking apart the various modules, though. Code
organization would benefit greatly, as well as the possibility for
transclusion of components into other projects.

-R