couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Couchbase trademark issues
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 22:47:04 GMT
On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 14:36, Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org> wrote:
> I would still like to reach out to the VP of Brand at the ASF and seek
> guidance. As I have previously stated on this thread, it is more than
> likely that they can advise a way forward that avoids mud slinging, and
> avoids aggression.

That sounds good. Advice is there to be sought. When I mentioned
letterhead I wasn't suggesting we actually attempt to force CouchBase
to do anything, merely that this way of handling things is much
preferable to the worst-case we-all-hate-each-other legal claim which
we may or may not have grounds to pursue.
Minimizing mud slinging should be a priority for all parties.

> I also think that our focus should be on getting 1.2.0 out of the door,
> then working on a second, kick-ass release, that can coincide with a
> revamped site. A site that, hopefully, address many of the concerns with
> the existing one.

+1

To the extent that this thread is "I see a problem, should I seek
advice from an expert" the answer is a definitive yes. It seems very
clear to me that you will be asking for thoughts and expert opinions
related to the issue at hand, not asking for some kind of scary legal
action.