couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From James Hayton <theb...@purplebulldog.com>
Subject Re: Couchbase trademark issues
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 18:46:04 GMT
Maybe a crazy idea, but since the end result of any legal stuff would be
somebody changing the name of something, why doesn't Apache CouchDB just re
brand itself?  I mean we need a website makeover, etc...  Why don't we just
ditch the name and come up with something better with a new vision, new
leadership, etc...  Lets put a few features in that people have been asking
for, include the big couch code (clustering), create a new website and call
it something different.  (CouchDB 2.0 Becomes AwesomeDB lol)

I understand that alot of people have quite a bit invested in the name
CouchDB, at this may not be something realistic, but this just seems like
at least another option we should discuss.

Just my .02.

James