couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 release, second round
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2012 18:11:03 GMT
On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 5:41 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

> See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1424 for details on
> this. So far we haven't been able to show that this happens on systems
> other than Mac OS X 10.7.3. If true, I wouldn't consider this a release
> blocker.

This doesn't happen for me, or I would not have called the vote, and I am
using that exact platform.

> That's a fair point of view, but I'm looking at this differently. A release
> branch should be in good shape most of the time and signing off on a
> release
> by a vote should be a formality, not start discussions what the scope of
> the
> release is.
>
> I'm actually thinking about introducing proper RC release to bridge the
> attention / release gap, but that's a separate discussion.

Tabled.

Many people don't use Firefox :)

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Test_procedure

"Please note that the unit tests do not run properly under Safari."

"If you report problems with Safari, you will be asked to test again using
Firefox."