couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject Re: Couchbase trademark issues
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 11:19:58 GMT
On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 10:54 AM, Dirkjan Ochtman <dirkjan@ochtman.nl>wrote:

> +1, but we/you should probably try to be non-confrontational about it.

Just to clarify, based on this, and some off-list feedback. I'm not asking
for legal advice, that's what the legal list is for. They very well may
turn around and say that we have not a leg to stand on.

I was asking what other people feel about the issue at hand. There is
obviously an issue. But how important is it and what should we do about it?
Is it a short-term problem? If that's the case, community and good-will
might be our tool. Or is it a long-term problem? In which case, we might
want to consider other, more direct, measures.