couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject Re: Any experts care to answer this SO query?
Date Sun, 19 Feb 2012 17:20:30 GMT
Thank you for your mail, Roger.

Once we get 1.2.0 out of the door, I will be turning my attention to the
website. Are there any specific suggestions you'd like to make? I don't
think we should mention Damien, specifically. There's no need to draw any
further attention to it. We're an Apache project. Visionaries and leaders
come and go, life moves on, etc. If you think we should mention it, what do
you think we should say?

As for Couchbase. Yes. I agree. I think the naming is terrible, and I think
it harms our community, but there is very little I can do about
that. Pursuant to the ASF trademark policies, I could make a case to the
legal mailing list, and ask for guidance. I think the Couchbase name fails
the likelihood of confusion test, as stipulated. What do other people think
about this?

cf. http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/