couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject Re: Couchbase trademark issues
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 22:39:07 GMT
On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 10:32 PM, Mikeal Rogers <mikeal.rogers@gmail.com>wrote:

> This is why there is confusion:
>
> What is CouchDB?
>
> I challenge two people to come up with a consistent answer between them
> without collusion :)

Mikeal, please don't intentionally (or unintentionally) muddy the waters.

We all agree that our website could be clearer, and could present a
unified, more up-to-date vision for the project. Bringing this up and
presenting it as THE reason for confusion is unhelpful.

As I stated above:

Three (sic) things seem to be causing this confusion:

>    - Damien works for Couchbase, and has recently abandoned CouchDB.
>

>    - Damien has publicly announced that he sees Couchbase as "the future
>    of CouchDB."
>

>    - Couchbase uses the word "Couch" in it's name.
>

>    - Couchbase ships a backwards incompatible CouchDB-like product.
>
> If you read the original posts in the thread I link to, I think it is
fairly clear the the MAIN source of confusion is NOT a lack of vision
within the CouchDB project, or at least, a communication of that vision
from our homepage.