couchdb-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Bob Dionne <>
Subject Re: possible replication issue
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 01:52:55 GMT

couch_replicator_api_wrap does like the best place to do this. I'll try this out in the morning
and let you know.

Thanks also for the explanation about query_args_to_string. Makes sense.



On Feb 8, 2012, at 6:20 PM, Filipe David Manana wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 9:31 PM, Bob Dionne <> wrote:
>> Hi Filipe,
>> I ran into a possible issue replicating from BC 0.4 to CouchDB 1.2.x (someone needs
to verify this is a problem and not my local setup).
>> The issue seems to be the treatment of sequence numbers like [2,<<"foo">>].
The latest in 1.2.x of couch_replicator_httpc:send_req runs ?b2l(iolist_to_binary(...)) over
that seq and eventually full_url trundles on down to mochiweb_util:quote_plus which loses
the brackets and converts the 2 to a %02
> Hi Bob,
> I'm assuming this is related to _changes feed request "since" parameter.
> In general, couch_replicator_httpc doesn't do query parameter value
> encoding (other then percent encoding), that task is left to
> couch_replicator_api_wrap.erl - for e.g. some requests require JSON
> encoded values, like open_revs for doc GETs, and others not, like the
> feed parameter for _changes.
> If it applies only for that request, I would go for something less
> abstract like (untested) for example:
> And you can't replace the list comprehension in couch_replicator_httpc
> because there the goal is only to make sure the values are
> lists/strings - when OAuth auth is used, the OAuth signature must be
> computed with the query parameter values unencoded and as
> strings/lists - percent encoding must happen after computing the OAuth
> signature.
> regards,
>> I can get around this [1] by converting [2,<<"foo">>] to "2-foo" which
is the old format, but this is clearly a workaround. Perhaps this should be fixed in mochiweb_util
>> As an aside I noticed mochiweb_util:urlencode  does exactly what you have in query_to_str_args
so those funs can probably go away.
>> Cheers,
>> Bob
>> [1]
> -- 
> Filipe David Manana,
> "Reasonable men adapt themselves to the world.
>  Unreasonable men adapt the world to themselves.
>  That's why all progress depends on unreasonable men."

View raw message