couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Roadmap for the 1.3.0 release
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 10:48:09 GMT

On Feb 15, 2012, at 03:22 , Brian Mitchell wrote:

> Has there been any discussion around BigCouch integration strategies? It seems like it
would fit the bill for the next undertaking on the general couch side. Does anyone from Cloudant
have a suggestion for the timeline here?

Cloudant havent't yet approached Apache CouchDB with anything
regarding their announcement.

> Any other work from mobile builds and the like might be interesting to support. Were
there any interesting changes to pull in from the mobile and embedded device ports? Also,
I'm not sure where the view engine refactoring work ended up… I'll look at JIRA but maybe
there are specific follow-ups to be made here.

The biggest one IIRC was the use of emonk instead of an external Spidermonkey for iOS. Maybe
we can make that a compile option like ./configure --enable-emonk-view-server so people can
choose which one to run.

> Finally, for our included javascript libraries and Futon runtime, are we going to replace
or update anything here? I'd imagine a newer jQuery could be an advantage for those doing
CouchApps.

Good that you bring this up. There's also other upstream dependencies that we should look
at updating and we don't have a process for that, it usually happens whenever a developer
feels like it. I haven't thought about this much yet, but maybe "update all dependencies"
could be a todo before a release branch is created?

Cheers
Jan