couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 release, second round
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 17:09:29 GMT

On Feb 23, 2012, at 00:28 , Noah Slater wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like call a vote for the Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 release, second round.
>
> We encourage the whole community to download and test these
> release artifacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before the
> release is made. Everyone is free to vote on this release, so get stuck in!

> http://people.apache.org/~nslater/dist/1.2.0/
>

> These artifacts have been built from the following tree-ish in Git:
>
> 4cd60f3d1683a3445c3248f48ae064fb573db2a1
>

> Please follow the test procedure before voting:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Test_procedure
>

> Thank you.
>
> Happy voting,

Signature and hashes check out.

Mac OS X 10.7.3, 64bit, SpiderMonkey 1.8.0, Erlang R14B04: make check works fine, browser
tests in Safari work fine.

Mac OS X 10.7.3, 64bit, SpiderMonkey 1.8.5, Erlang R14B04: make check works fine, browser
tests in Safari work fine.

FreeBSD 9.0, 64bit, SpiderMonkey 1.7.0, Erlang R14B04: make check works fine, browser tests
in Safari work fine.

CentOS 6.2, 64bit, SpiderMonkey 1.8.5, Erlang R14B04: make check works fine, browser tests
in Firefox work fine.

Ubuntu 11.4, 64bit, SpiderMonkey 1.8.5, Erlang R14B02: make check works fine, browser tests
in Firefox work fine.

Ubuntu 10.4, 32bit, SpiderMonkey 1.8.0, Erlang R13B03: make check fails in
 - 076-file-compression.t: https://gist.github.com/1893373
 - 220-compaction-daemon.t: https://gist.github.com/1893387
 This on runs in a VM and is 32bit, so I don't know if there's anything in the tests that
rely on 64bittyness or the R14B03. Filipe, I think you worked on both features, do you have
an idea?

I tried running it all through Erlang R15B on Mac OS X 1.7.3, but a good way into `make check`
the tests would just stop and hang. The last time, repeatedly in 160-vhosts.t, but when run
alone, that test finished in under five seconds. I'm not sure what the issue is here.

Despite the things above, I'm happy to give this a +1 if we put a warning about R15B on the
download page.

Great work all!

Cheers
Jan