couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Mikeal Rogers <mikeal.rog...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Couchbase trademark issues
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 20:34:44 GMT
Confusion over what CouchDB is has more to do with a lack of clarity on the website and conveyed
by the project itself than anything Cloudant, CouchBase, or any other company has done building
products around it.

Renaming it does not solve this, it just creates a new name/entity people understand even
less.

Until not that long ago this was on the website as some form of architecture explanation:

http://damienkatz.net/pics/img-080128190327-0001.jpg

A great visualization if you already know what CouchDB is but only confusing if you don't.

-Mikeal