couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Dionne <dio...@dionne-associates.com>
Subject Re: Couchbase trademark issues
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 03:06:08 GMT
Randall and Noah,

I disagree. I don't think, given the way events have unfolded, that anyone has been disingenuous.
The two blog posts from Cloudant and Couchbase, clarifying their commitments to the CouchDB
project in the aftermath of Damien's departure, explain their positions nicely.

I don't care to hear from Couchbase marketing. It's inappropriate to publicly state one's
intentions to seek legal advice on infringement matters, especially while in the same thread
demanding that the other party respond. It's deliberately inflammatory, and foolish. More
importantly it will not further anyone's interests, including those of this project.

I apologize if I sound harsh. No offense intended.

Best Regards,

Bob

p.s. These comments are mine made as a member of this project.