couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Mikeal Rogers <mikeal.rog...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Couchbase trademark issues
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 22:51:56 GMT
This wasn't a statement about the website.

Everyone in the project has their own vision of what it is suppose to be and very few are
consistent with each other. If the leaders of the project don't have a clear vision for the
project then I don't see how anyone else could, or how you would come up with a better vision
in the website for the matter.

Being that we tentatively agree that there is no legal recourse it now falls on the project,
and nobody else, to reduce the confusion that has come from the points you mention.

Do we really all think that people had a clear picture of what CouchDB was before Damien left
the project? I won't argue that recent developments have worsened the problem but if you want
to move forward and solve it you'll need to find the source and it's not a website or comments
on the creator's blog, it's that a shared code base does not equal a shared vision and the
project has always had a variety of different visions for what it should be.

-Mikeal