couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: API Docs (finally)
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 12:25:42 GMT

On Feb 22, 2012, at 08:40 , Jason Smith wrote:

> [New subthread]
>
> Jan, I see the Creative Commons license, but which one is it? Usually
> it is "-Attribution" plus zero or more of:
>
> * -NonCommercial
> * -ShareAlike
>
> I am guessing -Atribution only. Correct? Thanks.

Yeah, I think CC 3.0-A was meant. MC correct me if I am wrong.

Since part of the docs is code that builds the docs, that code should be under Apache License
2.0 rather than CC. But whatever is required to get this integrated into Apache CouchDB we
can make work.

Cheers
Jan
--

> On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 8:36 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I finally got my act together and prepared the CouchDB API docs that MC Brown made
for Couchbase for your consideration to be added to the project.

>> I put it up on GitHub so you can check it out.
>>
>> The repo is:
>>
>>  https://github.com/janl/couchdb-docs
>>
>> To build all docs, you run `make everything`. I put the results on GitHub Pages.
>>
>> It includes multiple HTML builds with different granularities (single page, break
by section, break by chapter) as well as PDF and ePub versions:

>>  Single Page: http://janl.github.com/couchdb-docs/couchdb-manual-1.1/couchdb-manual.html
>>  By Chapter: http://janl.github.com/couchdb-docs/couchdb-manual-1.1/couchdb-manual.html-dir/index.html
>>  By Section: http://janl.github.com/couchdb-docs/couchdb-manual-1.1/couchdb-manual.html-section/index.html
>>  PDF: http://janl.github.com/couchdb-docs/couchdb-manual-1.1/couchdb-manual.pdf
>>  ePub http://janl.github.com/couchdb-docs/couchdb-manual-1.1/couchdb-manual.epub
>>
>> There's also a CouchDB 1.1. release guide that explains all the new features in depth:
>>
>>  Single Page: http://janl.github.com/couchdb-docs/couchdb-release-1.1/couchdb-release-1.1.html
>>  By Chapter: http://janl.github.com/couchdb-docs/couchdb-release-1.1/couchdb-release-1.1.html-dir/index.html
>>  By Section: http://janl.github.com/couchdb-docs/couchdb-release-1.1/couchdb-release-1.1.html-section/index.html
>>  PDF: http://janl.github.com/couchdb-docs/couchdb-release-1.1/couchdb-release-1.1.pdf
>>  ePub http://janl.github.com/couchdb-docs/couchdb-release-1.1/couchdb-release-1.1.epub
>>
>> The README.md files outlines the build dependencies.
>>
>> The license is CC 3.0 but we can adapt that to whatever is required.
>>
>> There's a few rough edges, no styling should be obvious and the few screenshots are
using our old Single Server branded Futon, but I don't consider these things to block adoption.