couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From JohnRodey <>
Subject General question about views
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 21:12:15 GMT
I have some WebServices that act as a middle man between our client
applications and our backend repository(CouchDB).  I wanted to create and
infrastructure where users could enter search criteria to a web service post
and run a query on those fields and do so in a generic way that isnt vendor
specific.  I would like my client to be able to do something similar to

I basically want the ability to handle any type of query that a user throws
at me.  But as Im looking it seems like this isnt exactly how CouchDB was
built.  It seems like I would rather have a set of supported queries such as

Is this true?  I believe that I could accomplish what I want through
temporary views, but I know these are not desired for production.

If I can somehow handle dynamic query parameters, is there a way to handle
which fields from the document to return to the user?

Thanks for any insight!

Sent from the CouchDB Development mailing list archive at

View raw message