couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jeroen Janssen <jeroen.jans...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Windows] proposed binary build changes
Date Sun, 22 Jan 2012 12:28:35 GMT
Hi,

Just a quick check since I am not able to get (snappy) compression
working on windows.

Steps I did:
*) install couchdb 1.2.0a from [5] (disabled service/autostart)
*) edit local.ini add "file_compression = snappy" to the [couchdb] section
*) copied an old (800Mb) 1.0.1 database to var\lib\couchdb
*) start couchdb\bin\couchdb.bat
*) run compaction on the old database. still 800Mb size

additional test I did was to:
*) create a new database
*) created a 200kb document and saved
*) database file is ~200kb in size

similar results with "file_compression = deflate_9"

Should I do additional steps to enable compression?
Can anyone else confirm this behaviour on windows?

Thanks in advance,

Jeroen