couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Filipe David Manana <fdman...@apache.org>
Subject Re: proposal: Using the db hooks in other databases
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 22:55:18 GMT
On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 10:38 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 11:35 PM, Filipe David Manana
> <fdmanana@apache.org> wrote:
>> While the use case for the system databases is clear, I wonder what
>> are the possible motivations to do it for regular databases.
>>
>> Does anyone has real world scenarios/examples where this level of
>> customization is useful and can't be done with the existing
>> infrastructure?
>>

> Yes, read my example.

Ok, I see.

I wonder if adding on_changes and on_all_docs isn't a bit too much
complicated from a user's point of view.
Following that reasoning, there should be a "on_view_with_include_docs_true".

The after_read_doc callback should work for these 3 cases when
?include_docs=true is specified.

--
Filipe David Manana,